IDA is Denmark’s largest interest group and trade union for students inside engineering. IDA strives to provide you and your fellow students with a strong academic community where you can strengthen your skills. A membership gives you access to cheap insurances, academic and social events, cash benefits as well as legal counseling in relation to e.g. student jobs.
You can read more about IDA in their brochure and on their website. We recommend signing up for an IDA membership – the first year is free, after this it only costs 20 DKK per month when you are under 30 years.
IDA collaborates with Akademikernes A-kasse, which is the largest unemployment insurance fund in Denmark for students and graduates with an academic degree. As a student member of an unemployment insurance fund you will earn the right to receive unemployment benefits if you are unemployed for a period of time after graduation. Your student membership is free for up to 5 years, if you are a student under the age of 30. Read more about Akademikernes A-kasse and sign up at aka.dk/english/student-or-new-graduate.
Conditions of a free student membership of Akademikernes A-kasse
By my sign up I declare:
- that I am under the age of 30 – otherwise I probably have to pay a membership fee.
- that I am attending a Danish academic study within our academic area and the duration of my academic degree is at least 18 months.
- that I lived in Denmark at least one day before my education began.
- that my total annual income does not exceed DKK 228.996 (2020) – otherwise I probably have to pay a membership fee.
- that I can be a member for free for up to 5 years. After that, I have to pay to stay a member.
- As I am in the first and second term of my bachelor study, I am aware that I will not be a full member of Akademikernes A-kasse until my third term. From this date I will earn seniority and the right to unemployment benefits, if I finish my study. I can of course make use of the offers fromAkademikernes A-kasse already from now on.
- Please note that your membership is not registered before you have received a confirmation e-mail from Akademikernes A-kasse