IDA is Denmark’s largest interest group and trade union for students in engineering. IDA strives to provide you and your fellow students with a strong academic community where you can strengthen your skills. A membership gives you access to academic and social events, cash benefits as well as counseling in relation to e.g. student jobs. You also get access to a unique benefit – a FREE Home contents insurance throughout your studies.
The student membership costs DKK 0 the first year. After this it only costs DKK 20 per month.
You can read more about IDA on their website.
IDA collaborates with Akademikernes A-kasse, which is the largest unemployment insurance fund in Denmark for students and graduates with an academic degree. As a student member of an unemployment insurance fund you will earn the right to receive unemployment benefits if you are unemployed for a period of time after graduation. Your student membership is free for up to 5 years, if you are a student under the age of 30. Read more about Akademikernes A-kasse and sign up at aka.dk/english/student-or-new-graduate.
Conditions of a free student membership of Akademikernes A-kasse
By my sign up I declare:
- that I am under the age of 30 – otherwise I probably have to pay a membership fee.
- that I am attending a Danish academic study within our academic area and the duration of my academic degree is at least 18 months.
- that I lived in Denmark at least one day before my education began.
- that my total annual income does not exceed DKK 232.212 (2022) – otherwise I probably have to pay a membership fee.
- that I can be a member for free for up to 5 years. After that, I have to pay to stay a member.
- As I am in the first and second term of my bachelor study, I am aware that I will not be a full member of Akademikernes A-kasse until my third term. From this date I will earn seniority and the right to unemployment benefits, if I finish my study. I can of course make use of the offers fromAkademikernes A-kasse already from now on.
Please note that your membership is not registered before you have received a confirmation e-mail from Akademikernes A-kasse.