Signing up for the introduction trips and Polyteknisk Forening!
Polyteknisk Forening (PF) organizes the introduction event right before the semester begins in order to give you and your fellow students a good start at DTU. During the introduction, you will meet other people who, like you, are new students.
On all of our introduction trips, we put emphasis on creating bonds between the new students in a fun environment. Our activities are varied and include both social and academic content. The special thing about the study start at DTU is, that you will get to meet people from all over DTU, and not just your own study line. This will give you a good network from the beginning. Therefore, when you during the semester walk around campus, you will meet familiar faces.
About introduction trips
For the summer start of 2022 we offer 3 different types of introduction trips, from which you can choose to participate in one. The trips will take place between 20th-26th August and they will include lunch and dinner. There will be also a possibility to buy beverages during the trips. As you are a student who will study General Engineering, you can choose from the three trips listed below which are entirely in English. If you are to study something else, please switch to the Danish site for information.
- The 1-day campustrip: is the trip for you who want the best of both campi in just one day! It will have all the information a normal rustrip has, while also having the vibe and fun activities and traditions of a normal rustrip. The trip is in English and will include lunch and dinner.
- The 4-days English cabin trip with alcohol: also called Mixtrip, is a trip where you get to meet other students in totally different settings, far away from campus. All organizers as your fellow students will be communicating in English. Some of the participants will be international students which provides a great opportunity to meet people from around the world in addition to local Danish students. Alcohol consumption is allowed on this trip.
- The 4-days English cabin trip without alcohol: the Mixtrip without alcohol is very similar to the Mixtrip with alcohol. This is the trip for you if you want a 4 day trip away from campus, but with no alcohol sold. Similarly, to the Mixtrip, the organizers, as well as the students, will only communicate in English. The only difference from the Mixtrip is that there will be no alcohol on this trip.
NOTE: trips mentioned above are held in English, the following 4 trips are held in Danish:
- The 3-day and 4-day trips are held in cabins off-campus. They will take place in one of two time periods, either Saturday 20st August to Tuesday 23th August or Tuesday 23th August to Friday 26th August. On these trips you will meet people from your own study line, and possibly also from other study lines at DTU. One of the trips will not include alcohol.
- The 4-day campus trip is the trip for you who wants to participate on a rustrip at Lyngby Campus. Alcohol consumption will be allowed in a limited time frame on this trip from 3 PM to 10 PM. The program of the day will end at 11 PM. Therefore, the trip is for you who would like the possibility of drinking a beer during the evening, but who do not desire one during the day. This rustrip is also you if you prefer to sleep at home. The trip will have all the same unforgettable academic and social activities as a traditional rustrip, so you won’t be missing out on anything. The Campus trip will be in Danish.
- The weekend trip with alcohol is the trip for you who wants a rustrip away from campus in a slightly shorter format. The trip will have all the same unforgettable academic and social activities as the longer rustrip, so you won’t be missing out on anything. Alcohol consumption is allowed on this trip. The trip is in Danish.
- The weekend rustrip without alcohol is a cabin trip that is very similar to the weekend trip. The trip is for you who wants a rustrip away from campus in a slightly shorter format and without alcohol. The trip will have all the same unforgettable academic and social activities as the longer rustrip, so you won’t be missing out on anything. The only difference is that there will be no alcohol on this trip. The trip is in Danish.
Deadline for sign-up for trips is Thursday 11th August at 23:59!
Around the 14th August ,further information about the introduction trips will be sent by e-mail. The mail will contain the practical information about e.g. packing list, meeting time and place etc – remember to check your spam filter!
PLEASE NOTE: After signing up you will receive a confirmation via e-mail. If not – CONTACT US!
The normal price of being a member of PF is DKK 550,00 which is a one-time fee covering the rest of your time at DTU. However, until the 1st of October 2022 the price is reduced – also if you choose not to sign up for an introduction trip!
|1-day campus trip||85 DKK|
|4-days cabin trip with alcohol||600 DKK|
|4-days cabin trip without alcohol||600 DKK|
Pictures by Mikal Schlosser